Back to News
Self Care - access to drugs that can be bought over the counter
Posted on 2 May 2018
Protect the future of your general practice!
The GPs of Witton Street Surgery would greatly appreciate your support with this.
Vale Royal Commissioning Group is significanly in debt, and in order to protect the future of your doctor's surgery and the services we are able to offer, we are urging you now to purchase the following items from your community pharmacist.
- Pain killers for minor aches and pains
- Tonics, health supplements and vitamins
- Earwax removers
- Lozenges, throat sprays, mouthwashes, gargles and toothpaste
- Indigestion remedies for occasional use
- Creams for bruising, tattoos and scars
- Hair removal creams
- Moisturisers and bath additives for dry skin
- Sun cream (unless diagnosed with photosensitivity as a result of genetic disorder)
- Food and Food Supplements (except on the advice of a dietician)
- Hayfever medication
WHY HAS THIS DECISION BEEN MADE?
Many of the products are readily available (along with advice) from your community pharmacist. Some are also available at shops and supermarkets.
Money that is spent on prescribing the medicines listed above could be better spent on treating more serious conditions such as diabetes or heart disease.